If you are new to Bitcoin, you may want to review the following general guide that describes the basics of transacting with Bitcoin, including getting a wallet, funding it, and how to make payments:
Paying for your ProvidentMetals.com order with Bitcoin
If you wish to pay for your order using Bitcoin follow these steps:
- Before you place your order, make sure you have sufficient Bitcoin in an approved Bitcoin wallet. Our vendor, Bitpay, only accepts Bitcoin payments from certain wallets, the full list of approved wallets is documented on their website and includes the following popular wallets:
- Bitpay Wallet
- Copay Wallet
- Mycelium Wallet
- Airbitz Wallet
- Electrum Wallet
- Bitcoin Core Wallet
- Bitcoin.com Wallet
- BRD Wallet (Bread wallet)
- On ProvidentMetals.com, add items to your cart and checkout. At the payment method step choose Bitcoin. Continue to the order review page and finalize the order.
- Upon finalizing the order you will be brought to the Bitpay Invoice page. This page will provide you with the information you need to make the Bitcoin payment.
- From your Bitcoin wallet, send the payment. If your wallet requires you to specify an amount to send, please specify the exact amount in BTC. DO NOT specify the amount in USD or other local currency as this could lead to accidental underpayment and order cancellation.
- Also note that you only have 15 minutes to submit the Bitcoin payment or the order may be cancelled.
The following video helps illustrate the process of paying a Bitpay Invoice for an ecommerce order, although it is not specifically tailored to ProvidentMetals.com it should help give a visual for how the payment is made.